Where I gather my thoughts on the days window restoration projects, old houses, and rants. Hopefully, providing some education on antique windows along the way.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Window Woman on This Old House

First I got an email from Tom Silva looking for ballpark pricing on restoring some 6/6 windows. Then I got a call from the This Old House producer. After looking at the project in Bedford, MA and learning some about the way the show works we signed on to restore 14 windows.
The challenge will be how to work with the new EPA RRP rules and still make good television. Also challenging is that the windows are old but the openings don't match the windows. Not sure quite how we are going to deal with that. For sure it is not a pure restoration project. I think it will be more of a "living with an old house" story of how to deal with what you have and make the best of it while being respectful to the house.
Filming will begin in a few weeks, episodes won't air until OCtober 2011.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, sounds daring, but I think you've already found ways to make the new windows uniform to the whole house every time you're in the location. And I'm sure the guest owners there would appreciate your work in every episode.


    Nancy Ferdinand

    ReplyDelete

Followers